Tuesday 26 April 2011

John 3:16 - The Story of Love


"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"John 3:16

WHOSOEVER! WHOSOEVER! WHOSOEVER!- Adulterer, murderer, cheat, thief, liar, gossiper... believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jesus died just so we might live. He died to prove to the devil the extent of His love for us. He suffered for us. He was mocked, he was beaten, he was spat on. A thief's life was worth more than His. He was hurting, but He was not going to get sidetracked. But he had a plan to deliver us out of the hands of the devil and give us the choice to choose life. He loved me, He loved you so so much.
He died! Decisions decisons decisions.

BUT
when the devil thought he had won,

He rose! He conquered the grave. He conquered sin. He conquered death. He conquered sickness. He conquered pain. He conquered disease.
He rose to give us victory. He rose to give us authority. He rose that we might have life and life abundantly.
Why do we still keep on throwing it right back in His face? Why do we still keep on ignoring His call of love to us? Why do we think He's not that important to take first place in our lives? Why is education, money, career, family so much more important than He is in our lives? Why do we wake up in the morning and just walk away without so much as a "Good morning" or "Thank you for giving me another day"
We find it easy to call our boyfriends/girlfriends/husbands/wives first thing in the morning, but the person who has given His life for us, well, He doesn't really mind does He?
He does. He hurts everytime we ignore Him. He hurts everytime we turn away from Him. He hurts everytime we do something wrong and we know it's wrong but do it anyway to make ourselves feel good for one minute, make others feel good BUT at His expense.

Dear Lord Jesus, help me not to throw away so great a salvation. Help me not to keep on hurting you in what I say or do or how I act or think. Help me make you the King of my life. I give you the my heart to rule over. Help me to keep on believeing in you even when it feels so hard because there is nothing, absolutely nothing on earth that compares to what you've done for me. Help me, give me the grace to always believe in you and give you the place you deserve in my life.
Thank you dear Lord. In Jesus name. Amen

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely post for the season. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. Lord, help me a better person. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep, needful and truly inspiring, truly so. Thank you for this, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buttercup, you are changed
    I love you so much
    When did you find Him?
    Or when did you become so passionate
    about Him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. Lord help not to throw away my salvation

    ReplyDelete